Saturday, December 22, 2012

Been waiting a long time for this

Because I feel like making some variety, I won't just copy-paste from my dA - seriously, I'm pretty sure people would just hate that.

Anyway, I watched The Hobbit last week. That's what I've been waiting so long for. Nine or eight years since I saw TRotK I've been waiting to see it, and let me just tell you, the wait was totally 100% worth it. Trust me, even though some critics gave it bad reviews, it is AMAZING. Jackson's interpretation of Tolkien's works is just absolutely mindblowing and I will be going again tomorrow to watch it. The dwarves, the mood, the effects, the acting, the extended storyline, the music, and especially Riddles in the Dark, holy hairy hobbit feet, Riddles in the Dark was so amazing. If you have read the book, you know what I'm talking about and it's just... I can't even describe it, the whole chapter was kind of blurry to me in the book, it was hard for me to visualize it, but the way they did the scene in the movie just blew my mind - the anger and the frustration to the moment they figure out the riddles, the horror and anger in Gollum's eyes, when he realizes the answer to Bilbo's final question.

I will probably go watch it soon enough again to see the 48 fps version as well. So well executed and uniquely produced with talented actors that I will probably start to love as much as I love the Fellowship.

Anyway, the reason I'm making this post is because I'll be doing some fan-art for a time. Not just any fan-art, but fan-art of, you guessed it, the universe of Middle-earth, and hopefully it will challenge me in different ways. Also, I will finally be trying my hand on fan-art for real. I can't wait to show you what I've got up my sleeve. While you wait, GO WATCH THE HOBBIT, I promise you're not gonna regret it.

-Kasper.

No comments:

Post a Comment